ARMAGEDDON Seeking Vocalist
January 18, 2013, 3 years ago
ARMAGEDDON, the Sweden-based melodic heavy metal band founded by former ARCH ENEMY guitarist Christopher Amott in 1997, are currently seeking a vocalist.
According to a press release, "three albums were recorded in the first few years and the band has since been on hiatus as Christopher became fully occupied with playing in Arch Enemy into the 2000s. Now, Christopher is coming together with guitarist Matthew Wicklund (GOD FORBID) and drummer Van Williams (ex-NEVERMORE) to resurrect Armageddon in a whole new way as the band will be focusing on all new material. There is one final piece needed to complete the group, and that is a stellar vocalist."
Requirements:- All ages considerable but must present a fit and healthy image
- Creative sensibility for rhythm and melody, but able to perform pre-composed music. The role of the vocalist will be firstly as a performer.
- Mainly clean singing (this does not mean power metal
- Perhaps someone that is adept in multiple styles. We are interested in trying all ranges.
- Growling/screaming ability is a plus, but not a must. We are open to experimenting with a range of different vocal stylings within the music.
- And of course killer stage presence!
Adds the band: "We are currently based in the New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania region of the US but if you're right for us and live elsewhere we'll make it work. Please send us a sample of your singing, pictures, videos (links), website/contact info, etc. If we like what we hear/see we will contact you for interview/audition. This will be a paying gig as we get things rolling and we plan to be focusing on this full time. Any applying vocalists should have interest in a full-time career in music."
All material should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.