BravePicks 2018 – SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS' Living The Dream #9
December 22, 2018, 6 months ago
Another gruelling year of heavy metal debauchery is almost over! Killing is our business ... and business is good! And this year the metal scene killed it with a myriad of heavy intrigue! So the votes are in and the compiling is complete! It's time to crown the winners and call out the the disappointments.
So who will be our #1? You’ll find out as we count down the BravePick Of 2018 each day in December! And our devout scribes killed it as well, putting their collective metal minds together to build the ultimate lists including individual Top 20s (new studio albums ONLY), Top 5 Brave Embarrassments (a fan favorite!), Top 3 Concerts, What/Who Needs To Stop In 2018? and Metal Predictions For 2019. All will be showcased come the New Year!
'Tis the season to commence the good, bad and ugly of 2018! On with the cream of this year's crop!
9) SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS – Living The Dream (Snakepit / Roadrunner)
The dream is alive and well with Slash once again delivering the goods with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators and the album Living The Dream. Living The Dream marks Slash’s fourth solo album and third with his band featuring Myles Kennedy (vocals), Brent Fitz (drums), Todd Kerns (bass, vocals) and Frank Sidoris (guitar, vocals). Backed by Kennedy's remarkable riffs and Slash's trademark tone and style, Living The Dream features some outstanding rockers and also some surprises, making for an adventurous and memorable album. Living The Dream rightfully makes its way to #9 on our countdown!
BW scribe Aaron Small praised the album in his review saying, “The man beneath the top hat broadens his musical palette on ‘The One You Loved Is Gone’ – a beautiful reflective number, and ‘The Great Pretender’ – a somber tune Slash refers to as ‘unorthodox… almost jazzy.’ ‘Lost Inside The Girl’ has a subtle Urge Overkill / Pulp Fiction vibe to its bluesy demeanor. ‘Slow Grind’ showcases a little funk, ‘Mind Your Manners’ is bad ass boogie, and ‘Sugar Cane’ is all about the groove. Perfectly combining cohesiveness with diversity, Living The Dream is wonderfully adventurous.”
BravePicks 2018 Top 30
9) SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS - Living The Dream (Snakepit / Roadrunner)
10) SLEEP - The Sciences (Third Man)
11) BULLET - Dust To Gold (Steamhammer / SPV)
12) DEAFHEAVEN - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love (Anti-)
13) RIVERS OF NIHIL - Where Owls Know My Name (Metal Blade)
14) IMMORTAL - Northern Chaos Gods (Nuclear Blast)
15) BLOODBATH - The Arrow Of Satan Is Drawn (Peaceville)
16) AMORPHIS - Queen Of Time (Nuclear Blast)
17) BLACK LABEL SOCIETY – Grimmest Hits (eOne)
18) IHSAHN – Ámr (Candlelight / Spinefarm)
19) THE DEAD DAISIES - Burn It Down (Spitfire / SPV)
20) MELIAH RAGE - Idol Hands (Metal On Metal)
21) ALICE IN CHAINS - Rainier Fog (BMG)
22) HIGH ON FIRE - Electric Messiah (eOne)
23) MAMMOTH GRINDER - Cosmic Crypt (Relapse)
24) ICARUS WITCH - Goodbye Cruel World (Cleopatra)
25) UNLEASHED - The Hunt For White Christ (Napalm)
26) SATAN - Cruel Magic (Metal Blade)
27) GRAHAM BONNET BAND - Meanwhile, Back In The Garage (Frontiers)
28) MONSTROSITY – The Passage Of Existence (Metal Blade)
29) GRUESOME – Twisted Prayers (Relapse)
30) DIMMU BORGIR - Eonian (Nuclear Blast)