Inertia Entertainment and Sumerian Records want to give bands the opportunity to open the 2013 Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Fest stop in Toronto, ON July 11th at the Molson Amphitheatre!
Limited to a maximum 36 entries, performing over three days, you will have a 1 in 12 chance of winning one of three opening slots on the Sumerian stage at this year’s Toronto stop of the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Fest.
The battles will take place July 2nd, 3rd, and 4th at The Annex WreckRoom in Toronto and are all age events. A minimum 30 entries are required to ensure three days / three winners, otherwise the numbers of dates and odds of winning will be changed to reflect.
Your band’s performance:
- Will be playing in front of A&R rep (s) / Scout(s) from Sumerian Records and Headbang For The Highway
- Should play no more than four songs and should limit sets to a maximum of 20 minutes; as this is a label showcase and will be strictly enforced and your band should be prepared to bring their ‘A’ game and play nothing, but your best four songs
- To enter, your band must be unsigned; play with passion, confidence, and perform with conviction
Judging is based on song writing, originality, stage presence, crowd reaction and tightness of playing. The winner is ultimately based on talent and perceived potential. However, we strongly believe bands should be getting as many fans and friends out as possible to support them. Headbang For The Highway gives out honest, yet constructive criticism. The judges will speak with each band individually after their set to give constructive, but honest criticism.
If you are interested in participating, please respond with a link and appropriate contact information and we will be in touch.
- A fully functional professional plug and play backline will be provided. No heads or hardware changes will be accepted. (Drummers may add additional cymbals to the kit if desired)
- To enter, you must commit to purchasing 30 tickets for the battle, pre-paid, at a cost of $10 per ticket ($300.00), which you may resell to your fans at cost or up to $12 (which will be an advance ticket price)
- You must pick up your tickets no later than April 19th from Inertia Entertainment from one of the locations to be listed after bands are selected (there will be five opportunities April 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th to do so) – If you cannot pick up your tickets during that time frame, and do not contact us to make alternate arrangements it will be deemed you are not interested in this opportunity and an alternate act will be chosen to replace you
- One band representative must be available on a TBA date in June where time slots for the battle will be drawn
For more info about the event visit Facebook