KISS Frontman PAUL STANLEY Talks 'End Of The Road' - "We’re Not A Band That’ll Ever Fizzle Out... We Want To Go Out With Heads Up High And Fists In The Air"
February 28, 2019, 22 days ago
Ahead of KISS' End Of The Road tour stop at Target Center in Minneapolis this Monday, March 4th, Paul Stanley spoke with Minneapolis Star Tribune about the trek, the elaborate staging, his voice, and much more.
On the decision to call it the end: “We reached a point where we all looked at each other and said, ‘We can’t do this forever.’ We didn’t want to take a year off, and then another, and kind of fizzle out. That’s not who we are. We’re not a band that’ll ever fizzle out. We want to go out with heads up high and fists in the air. Bands go on final tours because they hate each other. We’ve honestly never had more fun.”
On putting together one last elaborate staging: “The show we put together is such a state-of-the-art elevation of everything we’ve done before. So on that level, it’s perfect timing to go out with this one. This is the ultimate KISS show. I’ve always said all you need is a lot of money to do a KISS show, but you still can’t be KISS. That’s more true than ever. This is our stage, and nobody else could stand on it.”
On how he’s taking care of his voice, which has sounded diminished on many recent tours: “I try not to talk to guys like you, for one. It’s hard to stay away from smoke, because the arenas are filled with it. But I do shut up as much as possible, and try other things. There’s no denying, whether you’re an athlete or singer, that life goes on, and you aren’t who you once were. That’s life. I always say if you want to hear me sound like I did on Alive! go listen to Alive! That said, I have no problem doing what I’m doing and standing by it. The songs sound awesome.”
Read the complete interview at Minneapolis Star Tribune.
KISS launched the first leg of the End Of The Road World Tour on January 31st at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, BC. The next stop is on March 1st at Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee, WI. Find the tour itinerary here.
Pro-shot footage from the tour can be seen below:
A once in a lifetime concert experience like no band has offered before; the KISS ultimate VIPs are rock and roll royalty at their shows on the End Of The Road World Tour.
Ultimate VIP Package Includes:
- Private backstage Meet & Greet with KISS
- Personal Photo Opportunity with KISS
- Watch the whole show from the Pit (no fans have ever had access to the Pit)
- Backstage Tour with your personal KISS Concierge including;
- Your tour will take you to areas that only the band and limited members of the crew can visit!
- Start out by stepping foot on the holy ground that is the KISS stage
- Sit on Eric Singer’s drum stool at his drum kit
- Stand at Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons and Tommy Thayer’s Microphones
- Hold Paul's legendary Cracked mirror guitar. Gene's classic Axe bass and Tommy's signature Epiphone guitar
- Visit KISS wardrobe where you can see the bands outfits up close and try on the REAL KISS boots
- Along the way we'll visit all areas of the KISS production and you'll meet many members of the crew that keeps the KISS machine going strong
- Autographed "End of the Road" Limited Edition Framed Lithograph, specific to your show. -Hand numbered, 1 of 15, and shipped directly to your home
- Lifetime Membership for the Official KISS ARMY Fan Club
- Exclusive Access to the KISS Army Captain’s Hospitality Lounge including;
- VIP Bar with wine, beer and the KISS "End of the Road" Signature Cocktail
- Hot and cold hors d’oeuvres and a dessert bar
- Dedicated VIP entrance
- Commemorative KISS Meet & Greet laminate
- Access to crowd free merchandise shopping
- On Site VIP Host