LED ZEPPELIN - Jimmy Page Says Reunion Tour Never Happened Because Robert Plant "Was Busy"
November 21, 2012, 2 years ago
led zeppelinnewsrock hard
According to Rolling Stone, LED ZEPPELIN fans weren't alone in thinking the group's 2007 triumphant reunion concert at London's O2 Arena would lead to a tour. "Some of us thought we would be continuing, that there were going to be more concerts in the not-too-distant-future," Jimmy Page tells Rolling Stone Senior Writer David Fricke in the new issue, on stands Friday. "Because there was a lot of work being put into the show."
Ultimately, Robert Plant had no interest in carrying on. "He was busy," says Page. "He was doing his ALISON KRAUSS project. I wasn't fully aware it was going to be launched at the same time. So what do you do in a situation like that? I'd been working with the other two guys for the percentage of the rehearsals at the O2. We were connecting well. The weakness was that none of us sang."
Read more at Rolling Stone.
On November 19th, Celebration Day was released in the following video and audio formats from Swan Song/Atlantic Records:
- Standard Editions - 1-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/2-CD set
- Deluxe Editions - 2-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/1-DVD/2-CD set featuring exclusive bonus video content including the Shepperton rehearsals, and BBC news footage.
- Music Only CD Edition - 2-CD set
- Music Only Blu-ray Audio Edition - Blu-ray Audio release featuring high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound audio only, no video
- Vinyl Edition - 3 LPs, 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl (Available December 11)
- Digital Edition - Audio will be available at all digital retail outlets
Celebration Day tracklisting:
'Good Times Bad Times'
'In My Time Of Dying'
'For Your Life'
'Trampled Under Foot '
'Nobody’s Fault But Mine'
'Since I’ve Been Loving You'
'Dazed And Confused'
'Stairway To Heaven'
'The Song Remains The Same'
'Misty Mountain Hop'
'Whole Lotta Love'
'Rock And Roll'
Two trailers for the release can be seen below:
Footage of Led Zeppelin performing 'Black Dog', from Celebration Day can be seen below:
Check out Amazon pre-orders for Celebration Day in various formats below: