LED ZEPPELIN's Jimmy Page On Another Reunion Gig - "It Doesn't Look Very Likely Does It?"
November 14, 2012, 2 years ago
led zeppelinnewsrock hard
In a rare interview, LED ZEPPELIN guitar legend Jimmy Page spoke with BBC’s Later With Jools Holland about the band's 2007 reunion show that is materializing on their Celebration Day release.
“It was the only gig we did,” Page told Holland. “We didn’t do any warm up gigs. So there was no way we could gauge what we were doing in front of the audience. To be honest with you, it was very powerful on stage. You had some serious moments.”
The concert which was held at the O2 Arena in London on December 10, 2007 was presented as a tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the late founder of their label, Atlantic Records. Page was joined by singer Robert Plant, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham, son of the late John Bonham.
As for another Led Zeppelin reunion show, Page is standoffish.
“Well, look, we’re almost two years after the 02 concert and I must say that I thought there might be some other kind of get together, for some reason or another, but as the years tick by - one year, two years, three years, four years, now almost five years - it doesn’t look very likely does it?”
Check out the entire chat below:
Footage of Led Zeppelin performing 'Black Dog', from Celebration Day can be seen below:
On November 19th, Celebration Day will be available in the following video and audio formats from Swan Song/Atlantic Records:
- Standard Editions - 1-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/2-CD set
- Deluxe Editions - 2-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/1-DVD/2-CD set featuring exclusive bonus video content including the Shepperton rehearsals, and BBC news footage.
- Music Only CD Edition - 2-CD set
- Music Only Blu-ray Audio Edition - Blu-ray Audio release featuring high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound audio only, no video
- Vinyl Edition - 3 LPs, 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl (Available December 11)
- Digital Edition - Audio will be available at all digital retail outlets
Celebration Day tracklisting:
'Good Times Bad Times'
'In My Time Of Dying'
'For Your Life'
'Trampled Under Foot '
'Nobody’s Fault But Mine'
'Since I’ve Been Loving You'
'Dazed And Confused'
'Stairway To Heaven'
'The Song Remains The Same'
'Misty Mountain Hop'
'Whole Lotta Love'
'Rock And Roll'
Two trailers for the release can be seen below:
Music Dispatch, has announced the matching tab book for Celebration Day, due soon via Alfred Publishing. The tab folio features 'Whole Lotta Love', 'Kashmir', 'Stairway to Heaven', 'Good Times, Bad Times', 'Black Dog', 'Rock and Roll', 'Nobody's Fault But Mine', 'Misty Mountain Hop', 'No Quarter' and many more Zeppelin classics.
Check out Amazon pre-orders for Celebration Day in various formats below:
USNEA - "Random Cosmic Violence"
ABYSMAL DAWN's Unleash "Depressing" "Inanimate" Video