METALLICA Guitarist Kirk Hammett Talks Importance Of LED ZEPPELIN At Celebration Day New York Premiere
October 11, 2012, 2 years ago
hot flashesnewsled zeppelinmetallica
Artisan News Service recently conducted an interview with METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett at the New York, NY premiere of LED ZEPPELIN's Celebration Day - a concert film based on their highly anticipated 2007 comeback gig in London. During the interview Hammett talked about the importance of Led Zeppelin and what makes them so special. Watch the video below:
Founding members, singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of late drummer John Bonham.
Celebration Day will have its UK premiere at London's Hammersmith Apollo on October 12th. Jones, Page, and Plant will also be attendance for this special event. A very limited number of tickets are available here. Premieres for the film will follow in Berlin on October 15th, where Jones is confirmed to attend and Tokyo on October 16th, where Page will be in attendance.
Celebration Day will see a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on October 17th. Celebration Day cinema listings can be found here.
A newly released Celebration Day widget has been released below:
On December 10th, 2007, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, to perform 16 songs from their celebrated catalog including landmark tracks 'Whole Lotta Love', 'Rock And Roll', 'Kashmir', and 'Stairway To Heaven'. Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band’s first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery.
Celebration Day will then be available in the following video and audio formats on November 19th from Swan Song/Atlantic Records:
- Standard Editions - 1-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/2-CD set
- Deluxe Editions - 2-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/1-DVD/2-CD set featuring exclusive bonus video content including the Shepperton rehearsals, and BBC news footage.
- Music Only CD Edition - 2-CD set
- Music Only Blu-ray Audio Edition - Blu-ray Audio release featuring high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound audio only, no video
- Vinyl Edition - 3 LPs, 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl (Available December 11)
- Digital Edition - Audio will be available at all digital retail outlets
Celebration Day tracklisting:
'Good Times Bad Times'
'In My Time Of Dying'
'For Your Life'
'Trampled Under Foot '
'Nobody’s Fault But Mine'
'Since I’ve Been Loving You'
'Dazed And Confused'
'Stairway To Heaven'
'The Song Remains The Same'
'Misty Mountain Hop'
'Whole Lotta Love'
'Rock And Roll'
A trailer for the release can be seen below:
Check out Amazon pre-orders in various formats below: