ALCEST To Release 10 Year Anniversary Edition Of Debut Album
August 11, 2017, 7 days ago
Released in 2007, Alcest's debut album, Souvenirs d'un autre monde, marks the starting point of the French band's extraordinary career. In celebration of the 10th anniversary of this groundbreaking record, Prophecy Productions has unveiled plans to reissue Souvenirs d'un autre monde in two very special limited edition formats on September 22nd. Preorders are available at this location.
With the release of Souvenirs d'un autre monde (English: "Memories From Another World"), Alcest mastermind Neige forged a luminous new sound that floats on the fringes of metal, yet incorporates emotions of euphoria, bliss and nostalgia. The album has become known as one of the fundamental releases of the blackgaze / post-black metal genre, and a record that continually influences countless other bands in its wake. The singer and multi-instrumentalist dedicated the album to his childhood memories of experiences in a spiritual otherworld; personal themes that would become conceptual cornerstones of subsequent Alcest albums.
Limited editions of Souvenirs d'un autre monde include:
Anniversary book (CD edition, 18x18 cm, 48 pages):
- Alternate cover artwork by longtime Alcest photographer Andy Julia, originally used for the first LP pressing of the album!
- In-depth essay written by Neige. Chapters include: Back in 2007 | Genesis & concept | Recording | Musical influences | Retrospective
- Additional exclusive essays by Andy Julia (Soror Dolorosa) and Aaron Weaver(Wolves in the Throne Room)
- Lyrics with English translation
- Many rare and unpublished photos of Neige from the Souvenirs d'un autre monde era!
Anniversary LP edition
- 180g vinyl (black)
- Gatefold cover featuring original LP cover artwork (Not used since the first pressings!)
- Din A2 poster with original LP cover artwork
- PVC protection sleeve
“Printemps Émeraude” ("Emerald Spring")
“Souvenirs d'un autre monde” ("Memories From Another World")
“Les Iris” ("The Iris")
“Ciel Errant” ("Wandering Sky")
“Sur l'autre rive je t'attendrai” ("On The Other Shore I Will Wait For You")
“Tir nan Og” (Irish: "Land Of The Young")