SLASH, BILLY GIBBONS, DUFF MCKAGAN, RICHIE SAMBORA, MATT SORUM And More - Adopt The Arts Concert And Live Auction Raises Over $106,000 In One Night To Fund Music Programs In LAUSD Elementary Schools; Photos Posted
January 16, 2015, 4 years ago
This past Monday evening (January 12th), Adopt The Arts - the Los Angeles-based charity that preserves and creates arts programs in U.S. public schools - gathered their industry friends for an epic night of music and a live auction at The Roxy in West Hollywood. The event - honoring music legends Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) and Butch Trucks (Allman Brothers Band) - was a smashing success, raising over $106,000 in one night for Adopt The Arts which funds music programs in LAUSD elementary schools.
Artists thrilled the crowd performing with a rare set including classic hits from ZZ Top and the Allman Brothers Band at the concert which included honorees Billy Gibbons and Butch Trucks along with Slash, Duff Mckagan (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver), Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi), Steve Lukather (Toto), Orianthi (Ex-Alice Cooper), Edgar Winter, Jimmy Vivino (Conan O’Brien), Billy Duffy (The Cult), vocalist Frankie Perez, Adopt The Arts Founder Matt Sorum (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver) And The Disreputable Few, a group of surprise killer musicians, served as the backing band for the night (see the full set list below).
Here is the Adopt The Arts set list at The Roxy concert and live auction:
ZZ Top set:
1. “Beer Drinkers And Hell Raisers” (ZZ Top) (with Billy Gibbons, Damon Fox, Billy Duffy)
2. “Tush” (ZZ Top) (with Billy Gibbons, Steve Lukather, Jimmy Vivino, Edgar Winter on organ)
3. “Cheap Sunglasses” (ZZ Top) (with Billy Gibbons, Edgar Winter on sax/ lead vocals with Gibbons)
4. “Rough Boy” (ZZ Top) (with Billy Gibbons, Richie Sambora, Orianthi, Matt Sorum)
5. “Waitin’ For The Bus” (ZZ Top) (with Billy Gibbons, Matt Sorum, Duff McKagan)
5. “Jesus Just Left Chicago” (ZZ Top) (with Matt Sorum, Slash, Duff McKagan, Billy Gibbons)
6. “La Grange” (ZZ Top) (with Billy Gibbons, Matt Sorum, Slash, Duff McKagan, Steve Lukather, Richie Sambora, Edgar Winter on organ)
Allman Brothers Band set:
1. “Trouble No More” (Allman Brothers Band) (with Jimmy Vivino, Butch Trucks)
2. “Don’t Keep Me Wonderin’’ (Allman Brothers Band) (with Franky Perez)
3. “Midnight Rider” (Allman Brothers Band) (with Richie Sambora, Orianthi)
4. “Stormy Monday” (Allman Brothers Band) (with Edgar Winter on vocals/sax, Jimmy Vivino, Slash)
5. “One Way Out” (Allman Brothers Band) (with Steve Lukather, Jimmy Vivino)
6. “Statesboro Blues” (Allman Brothers Band) (with Butch Trucks, Billy Gibbons, Richie Sambora, Matt Sorum)
7. “Whipping Post” (Allman Brothers Band) (with Butch Trucks, Matt Sorum, Slash, Richie Sambora and Billy Gibbons)
In between live performances guests enjoyed a live and silent auction featuring generous donations and vacation packages from Adopt The Arts supporters including: Sofitel Hotel Los Angeles, Villa del Palmar Resorts, John Varvatos, Billy Gibbons (guitar from Fender), Slash and Steve Lukather (guitars from Gibson), Matt Sorum (signed Guns N’ Roses bass drumheads), America (signed lyrics to “Ventura Highway”), artwork from Shepard Fairey, Tommy Hollenstein and Mathieu Jean, photography from Gene Kirkland and gift certificates from Dr. Garth Fisher MD, FACS Beverly Hills and Real Food Daily.
(Photos - Tiffany Rose)