H.I.M. - Tears On Tape Artwork, Tracklisting Revealed
February 25, 2013, 4 years ago
Finnish rock giants H.I.M.'s new album, Tears On Tape, will be released on April 30th on Razor & Tie in North America. The album’s artwork, which artist Daniel P Carter describes as having come about via “a series of strange coincidences involving Lee Dorrian, sacred geometry and the ramblings of a madman” is revealed below.
Tears On Tape tracklisting:
'Unleash The Red'
'All Lips Go Blue'
'Love Without Tears'
'I Will Be The End Of You'
'Tears On Tape'
'Into The Night'
'Hearts At War'
'Trapped In Autumn'
'Drawn & Quartered'
'Kiss The Void'
In addition to the 13 new tracks, the very exclusive and very limited Fanpack, presented by Metal Hammer magazine and DoubleCross Records features some not-to-be-found-anywhere-else content. Exclusively available from April 29th for four weeks, it comes with a bespoke 132-page magazine edited by frontman Ville Valo, that plays as the ultimate sleeve notes to the album, including:
* Full studio album plus two bonus tracks ('Buried Alive By Love' and 'The Kiss Of Dawn' recorded live in the studio).
* Giant double-sided door poster.
* Exclusive interviews with Ville Valo and all members of H.I.M.
* An extended track-by-track guide to Tears On Tape.
* An interview with the architects behind the sound of Love Metal Hiili Hiilesmaa and Tim Palmer.
* A detailed guide to H.I.M.’s extensive back-catalogue.
* The true, exclusive story of the Heartagram.
* An exclusive gallery from the band’s own private collections.
* Interviews by the band with as assortment of their own heroes.
Tears On Tape is the Love Metal band’s eighth official album and was recorded in their home country with long-time producer Hiili Hiilesmaa and once again mixed by long time-band associate, Tim Palmer (U2, OZZY OSBOURNE, PEARL JAM, ROBERT PLANT).
Formed in 1992 by vocalist Ville Valo, guitarist Mikko “Linde” Lindström, and bassist Mikko “Migé” Paananen, H.I.M.’s previous albums have seen them win a worldwide following, becoming the first Finnish act to achieve platinum sales in the US. To date, H.I.M. has sold a combined 1.75 million albums and over 1 million digital tracks in North America.
H.I.M.’s current lineup is: Valo (Vocals), Linde (Guitars), Migé (Bass), Burton (Keyboards), and Gas (Drums).
A formidable live act, the band is also confirmed to perform at this year’s U.K. Download Festival in mid-June.
H.I.M. have announced their first North American headline tour in support of their forthcoming new studio album, Tears On Tape. Dubbed Tears On Tour, the May 2013 run will make scheduled stops in both Los Angeles and New York City (tour dates below).
May3 - Los Angeles, CA- House Of Blues
5 - San Francisco, CA- The Fillmore
8- Chicago, IL - House Of Blues9 - Toronto Canada -Danforth Music Hall
10 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
12 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre Of Living Arts
More on H.I.M. at this location.