KING CRIMSON Print Collection by TONY LEVIN Now Shipping
March 8, 2022, a year ago
Bass legend and photographer Tony Levin’s King Crimson Print Collection with Limited-Edition, Custom-Crafted Clamshell Box is now shipping.
- Eight stunning, limited-edition prints spanning Tony Levin’s work with King Crimson since the early 1980s.
- Every print is numbered, and hand-titled and signed by the artist, Tony Levin.
- Prints are made by contemporary photogravure printmaker, Jon Lybrook
- Every Certificate of Authenticity is signed by artist Tony Levin and printmaker Jon Lybrook. The signed certificates contain full documentation about the print and edition, as well as the print number assigned.
- For single or multiple-print gifts, ribbon-tied, print portfolios are also available.
- Free International and US shipping on the FULL 8-Print Collection, now thru March 31, 2022 only!
“Tony Levin is not a bassist. He just happens to play the bass”. – Robert Fripp
Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel) has been photographing his touring experiences since the early 1980s. Tens of thousands of photos later, he’s compiled eight of his favorite photographic moments from forty years of touring with King Crimson. These prints include:
1. Adrian Belew, Backstage 1981
2. Bill Bruford, Bristol 1981
3. King Crimson, Faro, Portugal 1982
4. King Crimson, Royal Albert Hall 2019
5. King Crimson, Asbury Park 1982
6. On the Shinkansen 1981
7. Perkins Palace Marquee 1981
8. Robert Fripp, Krakow 2018
This full collection with special clamshell box is a must-have for any serious King Crimson collector though prints can be purchased individually as well. Tony’s iconic photography prints offer a unique perspective from the stage for over 40 years as a core member of this legendary band.
All prints of these photographs are hand-titled and signed by Tony Levin. These are limited runs of 500 photogravure prints total. No more will be made after that. The first public orders of the Special Edition Box are assigned print numbers 11-50. Single print orders start at #101.
Each print is handmade on a traditional intaglio press using archive-grade materials that will last for generations. They are printed with oil-based etching ink on 22.25" x 15.5” (56.5 x 40cm) Hahnemuhle Copperplate Brite White, 300 g/sm alpha cellulose paper with torn, deckled edges. These same ink and paper formulas used in Tony Levin’s print collection have been used by printmakers in Europe for hundreds of years.
The 24” x 17” x 1.5”, traditional, black, fabric-covered, limited-edition, lipped, clamshell-style, print collection box is foil stamped with Tony Levin’s signature. Tony Levin’s King Crimson Print Collection Box is custom-crafted for optimal storing and preservation of prints. Cotton gloves are included for clean and elegant handling of both the box and prints. Signed and stamped certificates of authenticity are issued with every print.
Jon Lybrook is a Fine Art Printmaker based in Colorado. Jon has worked with photographers and artists for nearly two decades through his company, Intaglio Editions LLC. He has studied the craft and worked with traditional printmakers from around the world including Henrik Boegh, Dan Welden, Sue Oehme, Ron Pokrasso, Sandy Tilcock, and esteemed Royal Photographic Society member and photogravure expert Peter Moseley. Jon has worked as both a professional printmaker and consultant.
“Jon Lybrook is a true master. His prints exude an expertise, that only very few fine art printers in the world control on the same level.” – Professor Henrik Bøegh – Grafisk Eksperimentarium – Copenhagen, Denmark
Check out the review of Tony’s King Crimson Print Collection with Special Edition Box, as well as the Make Weird Music interview with Tony about his history with photography and art. Both below: